Market Central is looking for a SNAP/Debit Coordinator for the 2017 market season. The SNAP/Debit Coordinator job takes place mostly at the Charlottesville City Markets on Saturday mornings, April-December, and Wednesday afternoons, May-September, approximately 20 hours/week. Data reports and book-keeping are done at our office. Pay is $15/hour.
SNAP/debit program tasks
Prepare for market:
- Wireless terminal with fully charged battery
- Terminal transaction sheets
- SNAP and Debit tokens
- Incentive coupons
- Reimbursement checks for vendors
- Reimbursement sheets and envelopes for vendors
- Table, signs, tent for sun or rain
- Receipt spindles, receipt tape, pens
- Program literature for customers
- Arrive at market with supplies 15-20 minutes before market opening to set up booth
- Distribute weekly reimbursement checks to vendors
- Open machine and connect to wireless server (password activated)
- Interact with customers, enter data into machine and swipe customer’s card
- Dispense tokens and incentive coupons
- Record transaction data and collect receipts
- At the end of the market, close the machine and save report
- Collect tokens from vendors
- Return machine, receipts and transaction sheet to MC/IRC
- Take down and store equipment
- Count, record, and print reimbursement checks for next market
- Follow directions to prepare for markets by assembling needed materials.
- Reliably arrive on time and set up at each market.
- Communicate well with customers:be able to help them understand the program and carry out transactions in a friendly manner.
- Attention to detail: observe the data on the machine, reliably record the data, accurately track and reimburse vendors.
- Be able to lift and carry tables, rolling file cart, and other items.
- Stamina needed to work in a busy, bustling atmosphere outdoors.
If you are interested, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.