Bok choy is a fresh and flavorful early-summer vegetable that too often gets forgotten in a basic stir-fry. This recipe allows the crispness of raw bok choy to shine through and become the centerpiece of a delicious slaw. Combined with celery, onion, carrots, and apple, this slaw pairs perfectly with grilled meats and veggies or on top of a hearty sandwich.
Grab some beautiful heads of bok choy this weekend and experience this tasty green in a whole new light!
- 3 small heads of bok choy, julienned or shredded
- 1/2 small onion, julienned or shredded
- 1 small apple, julienned or shredded
- 1 large celery stalk, julienned or shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine bok choy, onion, apple, celery, and carrots until well-mixed. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream, vinegar, honey, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Rest in fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving.