This weeks recipe: Sorrel Pesto
Have you ever tasted this amazing spring green? It’s super lemony and bright and is delicious mixed into a simple green salad. But, if you want to try something a little different, check out this delicious recipe for sorrel pesto. Mix it in with pasta, grilled vegetables, sandwiches, or just on crackers.
Be sure to grab some of this great herb at the City Market this weekend!
- 1 bunch sorrel leaves, about 2 packed cups
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine garlic, walnuts, and parmesan cheese in food processor and pulse until the mixture has a coarse texture.
- Add in sorrel leaves and pulse until combined. S
- tream in olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over warm pasta, couscous, or as a dip.